Wednesday 2 February 2011

January: Round 2 Begins



I’m now into my 3rd week of semester 2 and it’s about time I caught you guys up.
Well Kick off week was shall we say quieter than the one in Semester 1. It was split into two as not all the schools were back at the same time. So week one was the turn of JIBS and the Engineers school. The first night was ‘the winter games’ Let’s be honest game. We separated into teams and had a relay race, running up a snow covered mound and then tobogganing back down. Was fun however I got myself a fair few scratches, the ‘toboggan’ was a small plastic dish type thing with a handle attached to it, so very easy to fall off. With it being dark it was quite hard to see people’s faces clearly in order to remember them. After that event we went back to delta had a few drinks then hit a bar after, good fun with people on the first floor of Delta. Day 2 was the bar crawl This was rather enjoyable, meeting new people, though I did struggle to remember names but was very good at remembering where people had come from . The bar crawl was 3 bars, (Something to note not a lot of bars in the city!) but still a good night to be had. Thursday night was the welcome party at O’learys (Aka was shut this week) this is where I got my first taste of living in the city. Being able to stay at the bars until closing and then the after-parties

There aren’t as many students on exchange this time round. About 200 in JIBS with a majority from France and Canada. I am now living in the city centre in Delta House. A block of flats above one of the night clubs here. There are 12 of us to a flat and 5 flats, so a fair few of us. I have got myself acquainted with my flatmates and the guys on the first floor. I live with people who were here last semester. The guys on the first floor are all new. 2 Americans, 2 Australians, fair few French. Can’t remember others.




Anyway other things that are happening: The trip to Kiruna goes on sale on the 1st of February So I shall be up early for that to get a seat. Only £469!!! Then I have an evening Buffet at City Hall with the Mayor and local Politicians. That’s at the beginning of next month.
This month Sweden is host to the Men’s World Championship of Handball and some of the matches are being played here in Jönköping. Now I haven’t really heard of Handball before but luckily the UK has not entered a team so I am loyally supporting the home nation!
Not a very exciting blog update but I’m sure more exciting stuff will arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment