Thursday 21 April 2011

Casualty Sweden



Well this is the story of my little visit to A&E. Wed night was the regular thing pre-drinks before heading to Aka. On the way down the stairs I tripped and fell down a few stairs and landed awkwardly on my left ankle. I eventually got up and just thought I had twisted it so I continued to walk to Aka, (Maybe limp is the actual term) The bouncer noticed that I wasn’t walking right so took me to one side to have a look at my ankle. It had started to swell, he then decided to call an ambulance as movement started to become restricted.


The ambulance took me to Ryhov hospital. I was wheeled into a private room where I waited for a nurse to come and have a look. The Hospital was very quiet and I didn’t see another patient whilst I was there. The Nurse examined me and sent me for an x-ray. Lukily there was no fracture which the Dr was expecting after the size of the swelling. I was given a compression bandage and crutches. Thanks to my EU insurance I only have to pay £30 not £186. (Taxi ride home cost about £13) Sadly the lift in Delta has been out of order for some time. So it took a while to get up the three flights of stairs. The Bruising the next morning was quite something. At present it hurts to have the foot straight so it bends to the right quite a bit. The crutches aren’t great they don’t clip around the arm like the ones I had back in the UK do so it’s hard to balance them on the one foot when I need one hand free. Looks like my Easter weekend will be spent in bed resting.






No comments:

Post a Comment